Going Back to school after the Summer holidays can cause your child to have a mixture of emotions. The could be feeling stress, excitement, anxiety and nervousness. Even though your child is amongst their class mates and is familiar with the school setting, there is still some sense of the ‘unknown’. What is their teacher going to be like? Will the work be harder? Will PE still be on a Tuesday? Kids worry just as much as us adults.
Words of affirmation can benefit kids of all ages. Giving words of encouragement and self belief. Encourage the growth of self-esteem building to developing a growth mindset, positive affirmations can affect the way we view ourselves and our abilities.
These back to school affirmations help children develop confidence not only for learning and remembering new material, but reinforce kindness and friendship as well.
PIN ME FOR LATER
Back to School Affirmations for Kids
Making new friends, learning new information, sitting at a new desk…going back to school is a time of newness for many kids. Here are some back to school affirmations that you can use to help your child feel confident in tackling a new year of school.
- I am ready for school.
- I am confident, brave, and friendly.
- I like my friends, and I am ready to make new friends too.
- I am helpful and kind.
- I can remember new things.
- I am ready to work hard.
- I am going to take a deep breath, and I will do great.
- I am excited to learn something new.
- Learning is my superpower
- I learn from my mistakes
- I can learn anything
- I focus on my own results
- Mistakes help me learn and grow
- I am a problem solver
- When I don’t succeed I will try again
- I will always try my best
- I ask for help when I need it
- I am brave enough to try
- I strive for progress, not perfection
- I can do hard things
- It might take time and effort, but thats ok
- I stick with things and don’t give up.
These words of affirmation are so simple, yet children can relate to them. Relating them to aspects of a school day or a school year.
Where to Use Back to School Affirmations
The beauty of just words is that you can practice and use these anywhere. If you print off Back to School affirmations printable below, then you can keep it in a number of useful settings.
Here are a few:
- at the breakfast table
- in the car for the drive to school
- in your child’s school bag for a pick-me-up throughout the day
- in your child’s lunchbox
- on the bathroom mirror
- in your bag
So many wonderful opportunities to boost your child’s confidence and self-esteem, all while welcoming conversation around some of the topics that might make your child nervous or scared.
You might also want to check out 25 Questions to Ask Your Child After School With FREE Printable