Autumn is well and truly on it’s way. Up here in the North East of England, there seems to have been a flick of a seasonal switch. One day it was gloriously sunny and the next the dark nights were creeping in and the rain and cold winds have made themselves known.
Now that Summer is well and truly over, we can start preparing for Autumn. Which in my opinion is the most amazing time of the year!
I mean, how can you not love Autumn? There’s something magical about it. With the changing colours of the leaves on the trees, the cold chill in the air. Frosty mornings and darker nights creeping in. The smell of fireworks in the air, hot chocolate in hand. All while wrapped up in a chunky knit jumper.
This got me thinking…we, as a family need to put together a Family Autumn Bucket List!
PIN ME FOR LATER
I don’t know about you, but Autumn is my favourite season of them all.
I love the dark nights, the way we have to wrap up warm and cosy to protect ourselves from the Autumn weather.
So after myself and my boys sitting down and discussing what we want to include on our Autumn Bucket List, we are making some plans…
- Taking a walk in our local woodland to search for signs of Autumn. I’m thinking of going to Hardwick Park, Thorpe Perrow, Wynyard Woodland Park or National Trust sites such as Cragside
- Visit a local Pumpkin Patch.
- Carve pumpkins
- Make an apple pie or crumble
- Drink hot chocolate
- Watch fireworks
- Plan socially distanced Halloween celebrations
- Autumn and Halloween arts and crafts
- Read Autumn related books with our boys
- Make Bird feeders
- Have a leaf fight
- Make toffee and chocolate apples
Do you and your family have an Autumn Bucket List? Let me know what you love about Autumn and what are your favourite things to do in the comments below.
*This post contains affiliate links if you purchase anything through them I may receive a small fee