I don’t know about you, but we love Halloween here. Halloween is an amazing and exciting time of year for both adults and children.
The supermarkets are full of sweet and devilish Halloween treats, gruesome Halloween costumes and spooky and scary decorations.
HALLOWEEN SAFETY TIPS FOR PARENTS
We all know how fun Halloween can be, but it is always at the forefront of my mind that there may be some safety issues related to this celebration.
Making sure Halloween is a safe one for yourself and children is paramount.
HALLOWEEN COSTUME SAFETY
- REFLECTIVE MATERIAL – Add reflective tape or have your children wear reflective costumes to make sure they are easily seen in the dark. Have you seen the full reflective coats in shops such as Next
- USE FACE PAINTS INSTEAD OF MASKS – Masks can easily get in the way, causing accidents. Rather than wearing a mask, have your children use face paint or makeup instead.
- SAFE ACCESSORIES – While some accessories make the costume, it’s important to ensure that they are soft, flexible and have no sharp edges. Also being age appropriate.
PIN ME FOR LATER
TRICK-OR-TREATING HALLOWEEN SAFETY
- ONLY VISIT WELL-LIT HOMES – Never go to a home that has their outside lights off. Chances are they are not home.
- TRAVEL IN GROUPS – Always trick-or-treat in groups rather than on your own. Make sure the adult to child ratio is manageable.
- STAY ON WELL LIT STREETS – Avoid shortcuts and alley ways.
- PLAN YOUR ROUTE – Before going out trick-or-treating make sure you plan your route and stick to the plan. Letting others know your planned route. Ensure you have your mobile phone charged.
HALLOWEEN CANDY SAFETY
- ALWAYS CHECK OUT YOUR TREATS
- THROW OUT ANY TREATS WITH DAMAGED PACKAGING – Any treats package that appears to be open looks suspicious or may have been tampered with should be thrown away immediately and never consumed.
Have Fun and Stay Safe!
What Halloween safety precautions will you be putting in place this Halloween? If you have anymore to add, please comment below.
While you’re here why not check out other Halloween posts https://thismummyrocks.com/category/halloween
*This post contains affiliate links if you purchase anything through them I will receive a small fee