When I came across Mud and Bloom boxes, I thought they were a fantastic idea! Mud and Bloom boxes are a monthly, children’s gardening subscription box- packed full of nature crafts & educational activities.
I don’t know about you but my boys don’t get enough time outside as I would like them to. They have to be encouraged and then find an activity that engages them. I was certain that Mud and Bloom would do the trick.
What did we get in the Mud And Bloom box?
- Calendula seeds
- Beetroot seeds
- 4 Organic peat free compost pellets
- Everything you need to make a nature walk journal
- Everything you need to make painted garden lanterns including a citronella candle, acrylic paint and paint brush
- Butterfly spotter
- June Quiz
PIN ME FOR LATER
What do we like about Mud and Bloom Box?
- Encourages Children (and their parents!) To Get Outdoors.- The weather this week has been fair so I was delighted to have a way of encouraging the children to want to go outside and get some fresh air. They were easily tempted with the fun activity of butterfly spotting.
- Inspires Creativity– I loved the painting the Jam Jar Lanterns. Allowing my boys to paint whatever they wanted. The effect was lovely once the citronella candle (provided) was lit. It offered a great olfactory and visual sensory experience.
- Notice their natural surroundings – I also loved the fact that the Nature Walk journal encouraged my boys to find ‘natural treasures’. Watching my boys enjoyment of finding things to fill their journal. Encouraging conversations and interested questions.
- Growing Food – I love that my boys will be able to watch the ‘garden to plate’ process by growing a beetroot, care for it and eventually eat it.
- Educational– Mud and Bloom subscription box is wonderfully educational in such a fun and engaging way. The box also includes ‘nature news’ about birds, plants, animals and insects that are expected to be seen during the month. Mud and Bloom suited my 3 youngest sons who are 3, 5 and 7. They are at different stages in their education but they could all take part. The children’s learning can be easily differentiated depending on the age and ability of the child.
Mud and Bloom is a great way to introduce Natural Science. Children can learn a number of things including seasons and how to notice them merging into one another. The names of flowers and plants and what they need to grow.
All of this can be done in the comfort of your own home.
And use discount code
for 20% off your first box
valid until 5th July 2018
For More REVIEWS Check Them Out HERE