I don’t know about you, but I feel like this year has flown by! Can you believe it’s Autumn already?
The leaves are starting to fall off the trees, there is that chill in the air, the darker nights have well and truly made themselves welcome and there is ‘that’ Autumn smell in the air. I absolutely adore Autumn, always have and here’s why….
- So many celebrations to look forward to. In our house alone we have 6 birthdays between September and December to celebrate. On top of Halloween, Bonfire night and the run up to Christmas.
- Changing wardrobes. I love to be comfortable and practical and for me that means jumper dresses, leggings and ankle boots. This is my staple Autumn/Winter wardrobe.
- Going for walks in our local woods or to a local park such as Hardwick Park, where we can blow off the cobwebs, get some fresh air and be in the thick of Autumn. While getting the kids to collect Autumn treasures.
- Having an excuse to put our pjs on earlier than normal, drink hot chocolate and snuggle under a duvet to watch movies together.
- Watching the kids excitement as the take part in Halloween activities and dressing up to go trick or treating.
- Making warm and comforting stews and casseroles in the slow cooker.
- Once Autumn hits means its my cue to start preparing for Christmas. With 6 kids to organise gifts for I need to be organised to make it magical for them all.
- Having our own fireworks display in the garden followed by campfire stew made in the slow cooker and ginger or toffee cake and custard to finish.
- This song brings back so many fond memories of Harvest festival celebrations at school.
Do you love Autumn as much as I do? What is your favourite things about Autumn? Let me know in the comments below.
If you enjoyed this post, why not check our Autumn family bucket list