Every year i’ve noticed how around 4-6 weeks after the kids have returned to school after the summer holidays that many children and adults seem to get hit with snotty noses, tickley coughs and sore throats. It’s that time of year when everyone seems to be catching those awful winter coughs and colds.
Over the last couple of weeks we were hit with the snotty noses, sneezes and coughs. Myself included. Now I know, you’re thinking. Why is this person giving us advice on Avoiding Winter Coughs And Cold, yet here she is telling us that she has been ill herself.
I hold my hands up, I know where I had slipped up on the advice I am going to give you.
I haven’t been taking care of myself as well as I usually do. I usually have a strict self care routine that involves vitamins, exercise and early nights. I now know what I need to do to avoid more coughs and colds.
So let me share with you my…
7 Simple and Effective Tips To Avoiding Winter Coughs And Cold
- Wash your hands often. Use hand sanitiser after touching surfaces especially when out in public in. I always carry a small bottle of hand sanitiser in my handbag.
- In your home, regularly disinfect surfaces that are commonly touched, such as worktops, handrails on the stairs, door handles, keyboards, and games console controllers.
- Regularly disinfect your children’s toys with antibacterial disinfectant. Don’t just clean them when they have are unwell.
- Make sure you take care of yourself by maintaining a healthy lifestyle by eating healthily, getting enough rest and taking daily vitamins. Check out my Mummy’s Basic Daily Self Care Checklist for more self care ideas.
- To help limit the spread of germs, keep your toothbrushes separated in separate containers to avoid the heads touching.
- Label or identify cups and drinks bottles to avoid drinking out of someone else’s drink. Avoid sharing.
- Encourage people around you to sneeze and cough into their elbow or a tissue and put straight into bin instead of their hands as it is less likely to spread germs.
PIN ME FOR LATER
What other steps would you take to Avoiding Winter Coughs And Cold? Share them in the comments below.
Why not check out my Self Care section for more Health and Well Being and Self Care Posts