We all have bad days, right?! Being a Mum is a tough job! I’m not going to lie and say it’s all rainbows and unicorns that smell of roses. There’s taking care of the kids, the house, the food shopping, paying the bills, playing taxi. The list is endless. But you know what?
Us Mum’s can have bad days too!
And quite rightly, we are allowed them! We are only human, at the end of the day!
We all have bad days. You know, those days when nothing seems to go right. Where no matter what you do or say you just can’t seem to do right for doing wrong. Those days where you dread something that’s happening that day, or something hasn’t quite turned out how you would like it to.
Then there’s those bad days when we have burnt ourselves out, maybe take too much on, overworked ourselves. On top of the kids have been waking in the night, hormones and just generally running around like a blue assed fly.
With no doubt you have forgotten to or just can’t find time to take time out for some valuable You Time because you’re too busy looking after everyone else.
On those bad days you feel like your motivation has got up and gone. You’re tired and sluggish. Your mood in general is low, all you want to do is lay and hide under the covers. You basically can’t be bothered to do anything.
Don’t worry Mama, I’ve been there too.
You’re not alone!
So come on Mama, lets find that motivation together and get through this bad day….
Here are 29 Things To Do When You’re Having A Bad Day
- Take a shower
- Jump up and down a few times
- Get dressed and put on some make up
- Turn on some happy music.
- Dance to that happy music. Dance like nobody is watching
- Call your partner, best friend, mum etc
- Make your bed
- Take some vitamins …B vitamins are great energy boosters
- Have some thing to eat.
- Go outside. Go for a walk, a jog, anything to get moving in the fresh air
- Stand in front of a window and feel the warm sun
- Give someone a compliment. Make them smile
- Take a break from social media, it can be draining
- Set a time. In 15 minutes you will….?
- Organise something and make yourself finish it
- Exercise, get your kids to join in and do it together
- Challenge yourself to take control and not to yell
- Let out your inner child by playing with your kids
- Read a story
- Read some positive affirmations and quotes.
- Cuddle someone
- Get off electronics. Stop checking social media, emails etc. Turn off notifications
- Make lists of things that make you feel happy
- Take some silly selfies with the kids. This is guaranteed to make you giggle.
- Make something. Bake cakes. Empty the craft cupboard
- Plan, prepare and make dinner
- Ask your kids to tell you jokes
- Smile and just keep smiling
- Laugh, just laugh lots and lots
I hope that these give you the inspiration to be able to able to manage and get through your bad day!
Tell what else you do that makes you feel better if you’re having a bad day. Leave a comment below or email me.
I’d love to hear from you.