This is the only tomato sauce recipe that you will ever need to know. Made with STAPLE ingredients that you can find in your kitchen cupboards.
It’s cheap, quick, easy and full of goodness.
Giving you the opportunity to add in a selection of vegetables to help get five a day into yourself and family!
This Tomato sauce recipe is one of my favourite base sauces and I use it for a number of different meals including;
● A base for a pizza (simmer for longer to thicken more than usual)
● A pasta sauce
● A sauce for a bolognese or a chilli
● A sauce for a chicken casserole
● A sauce to go with fish fingers or chicken nuggets
● Tin of tomatoes
● a selection of fresh, tinned or frozen Vegetables including onions
● Herbs or spices
● Tomato puree (not necessary)
● Stock cube (not necessary)
● add a tin of tomatoes and a handful of vegetables into a saucepan including some roughly chopped onions, if you have them, and a squeeze of tomato puree and add stock cube (if using)
● For more flavour add herbs and spices, such as mixed herbs, black pepper, a pinch of salt.
● Simmer for around half an hour and then blitz with a hand blender.
This is the perfect recipe to make a big batch and freeze.
Alternatively, divide into Tupperware containers and either keep in the fridge for a few days.
PIN ME FOR LATER