Being a Mum of boys. 5 to be exact. Yes you read that right….5 BOYS! I have come across some, shall we say ‘small minded’ comments. Over the years, at one point or another, I’ve had the below comments said to me. It does bother me that some people think just because you have all boys, you aren’t happy and you long for a daughter.
Of course, yes it would be amazing to have a daughter but do I feel like I’m missing out?
This is my life and I love being a boy mum! Children are a blessing and I’m grateful for the 5 handsome boys I have been given.
So here are my Top 10 Things Never to Say to a Mum of Boys
1. “Boys are so much easier than girls.” – Really?
2. “I bet you wish you had a girl.” – No, I’m ok with all boys thank you!
3. “Boys will be boys.” – (face palm and shaking head) I hate this statement.
4. “Wow, all boys?” – Yup, that’s what I said….ALL BOYS!
5. “Don’t let him cry, toughen him up.” – Boys cry too you know?
6. “Your boys are crazy.” – Yes, they have lots of energy.
7. “You have your hands full.” – Yes, I’m aware of this, but I wouldn’t have it any other way!
8. “They make so much noise!” – Noise? What noise? I don’t hear anything!
9. “I’m so glad I have all girls.” – Really? Let’s see if you say that when they hit their teens!
10. and the #1 thing to NEVER say to a mum of all boys…..
“You have to keep trying for a girl!” – Nope, not at all five boys is good.
Mums of boys, Do you have any more to add? Let Me Know In The Comments Below.
While you’re here, why not check out our weekly series, giving you an insight to our week as a family of 7 A Week With Us