Giving to charity is something that a lot of people feel passionate about. However, it has become incredibly difficult for a lot of people to donate to charity considering the past 12 months that we have experienced. A lot of people are not in the same financial position that they were in a year ago. As a consequence, a lot of charities are suffering. However, there are other ways that we can all help charities without needing to give them a monetary donation.
No matter whether you are looking for ways to give to charity personally, or you are trying to find ways that your business can support a good cause; you don’t need to donate money to achieve your goals. There are many other ways you can give to charity without donating cash. This includes the following:
- Give supplies – One of the best ways to give to charity without giving money is to give supplies. You can use different cases for inspiration. There are many different types of people that require supplies. From hurricane victims to the homeless, giving supplies can often go a lot further than money does.
- Donate your not-so-old PC – When the time comes to upgrade your equipment, don’t simply throw your existing computers and such like away. Instead, why not donate your equipment to those in need? The same applies to phones or any other pieces of equipment that may be useful for charities. Always think about this before you throw something away.
- Offer your services – If you are looking for ways that your business can support charitable causes, have you considered offering your services? You can use your skills and experience to help others. For example, you could offer workshops on entrepreneurship to locals.
- Record books for the blind and visually impaired – This is a good one for broadcasters, professional actors, or anyone else who has been trained in voice work. There are some organisations that will provide you with the training and equipment you need, and you can do the recording in your own home.
- Register as an organ donor – This is a great way to give back without donating money. Plus, it doesn’t actually require any effort on your part, apart from signing up. Despite this, only 29 per cent of people have joined the register. So, it is a good idea to register as an organ donor, and to carry your organ donor card in your purse or wallet at all times.
- Give blood – Most people are able to give blood, so long as they are between the age of 17 and 65-years-old. Most women can donate blood every four months while men are able to do so every three months. Giving blood only takes a matter of ten minutes. It is setting up an appointment at your local donor centre that takes the time, but of course, it is more than worth it.
- Host a fundraising event – Another way that you can help charities without donating financially is by taking part in fundraising. There are a lot of different fundraising ideas and opportunities, with fundraising packs online to assist you with this. You can visit website portals that will provide you with everything that you need in order to fundraise effectively. This is a great way of raising monetary funds for the charity without needing to make a large donation yourself. After all, not everyone has money spare to donate to charity, but you can do a fundraising event instead so that you can help the charity to gain the funds it needs.
- Volunteer virtually – The Internet has made it easier to support charitable causes than ever before. There are a number of platforms that enable you to help non-profit organisations by meeting challenges that are based on your skills and your interest. This could be anything from copywriting and research to graphic design.
As you can see, you do not need to donate money in order to contribute to a charity. There are many other ways you can contribute to a cause that you care about. Hopefully, you now have some suggestions that are suitable to your situation, no matter whether you are giving to a charity individually or doing it as a business. It is important to remember that all help is well-received when it comes to charity work. You don’t simply need to hand over money in order to be helpful to a cause that you really care about.